Hand Held Hedge Trimmer
Hand held hedge trimmers are an effective mobile hand held piece of equipment. Due to the mobility of the hedge trimmer it is important that it’s used correctly and adequate training has taken place to ensure that accidents do not happen.
Our Hand Held Hedge Trimmer integrated training and assessment course has experienced instructors who will make sure that you use the trimmer safely and with confidence, and that you understand the relevant regulations and safety requirements.
Once you have successfully carried out this course you will receive a certificate of training for Hand Held Hedge Trimmer.
Who is it for?
Our one day training course in Hand Held Hedge Trimmer is available to you if you wish to update your skills or/and would like to satisfy the health and safety regulation in relation to the safe use of hand held hedge trimmers at work. Or the course will also suit you if you currently use or are going to be using a hand held hedge trimmer as part of you work.
What will you get from it?
- Understand legislation, health and safety, and risk assessment relating to hand held hedge trimmers.
- Choose machine type/suitability for work to be undertaken.
- Identify and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) for hedge trimmer use an operation.
- Identify key controls and functions.
- Prepare hedge trimmer for operation.
- Carry out routine maintenance.
- Operate machinery safely and efficiently.
- Awareness of working at heights.
- Environmental considerations.
- Discuss hedge types and finishes.
- Dispose of arisings.
- Store and transport hand held hedge trimmers.
- Health and safety features
- Hedge types and growth habits
- Fuelling and starting a hedge trimmer and performing pre-cutting checks
- Adjusting the hedge trimmer idling
- Hedge cutting on site
- Clearing site and hedge trimmer checks
The things you need to know:
Duration: 1 day
Max no of learners: 6