Brushcutters/Strimmers is our one of our most popular courses. This is an integrated training and assessment course with our experienced instructors who will make sure that you use the trimmer safely and with confidence, and that you understand the relevant regulations and safety requirements.
Once you have successfully carried out this course you will receive a certificate of training for Brushcutters/Strimmers.
Who is it for?
Our one day training course in brushcutter/trimmer is available to you if you are a more experienced operator, and will provide you with the opportunity to update and practice your skills and gain certification. (2 day course is available for novice candidates) This course is physical so you must be fit and able to carry out the tasks required in the course programme.
Our course is suited to people who are employed in agriculture, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance industries.
What will you get from it?
- State and comply with safety and legal requirements of a brushcutter/trimmer, with an emphasis on safe practices, warning signs and guards.
- State and identify the correct protective clothing to wear and the standards required.
- Perform routine maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook.
- Identify faults and defects on a brushcutter/trimmer and decide which the operator can easily remedy, and which should be referred to a specialist engineer.
- Identify which cutting head to select for the relevant operating conditions.
- Carry out fuel mixing correctly and be able to start the brushcutter/trimmer from both a hot and a cold condition in a safe manner.
- Operate the brushcutter/trimmer in a safe manner having regard for the safety of themselves, the public, property and environmental factors.
- Plan systematic working operations.
- Use the manufacturer’s instruction book and parts list.
- Safety and risk assessment
- HSE legislation
- Protective clothing
- Components and maintenance
- Practical maintenance
- Fuelling and starting
- Testing the safety features
- Checking balance of the brushcutter/trimmer
- Safe operation