Refresh your dump truck skills with our intensive 1-day course.
Overview in brief
Dump trucks are well-used machines throughout land-based and construction industries.
That popularity is based on their flexibility as they can carry large loads across difficult terrain.
But without proper training, safety and inefficiency can become issues.
Our course will teach you how to operate a dump truck with an articulated chassis up to 15 tonnes safely and confidently.
The finer details
This refresher course includes both training and practical assessment.
You’ll receive a certificate of training once it is completed.
We’ll remind you about the ins and outs of the machine through a mix of theory and practical sessions.
You’ll review important checks and how to prevent accidents.
Practical experience will then be gained.
You’ll be taught how to tackle different types of terrain.
Manoeuvring in tight spots and loading and unloading the dump truck will also be covered.
- Working in the construction industry
- Components of dump trucks
- Stability of the machine
- Accident prevention
- Pre-shift checks
- Starting/stopping the machine
- Daily checks
- Operating the machine
- Advanced operation
- Site safety.
What will be covered?
By the end of his course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks
- Set the dump truck for site and road travel
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, in a loaded and unloaded state
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state
- Position the dump truck to receive loads
- Comply with loading procedures
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges
- Place the dump truck in an out-of-service condition
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.