Safe Lifting Techniques
Safe Lifting Techniques (with problem solving)
When lifting or moving any item or object you are using your own body to carry out that task, and if you do it incorrectly or are repeating the same move then you can be exposed to injury. Therefore it is important to understand how to lift items correctly, and what the limitations are so not to endure injury.
Our one day Safe Lifting Techniques (with Problem Solving) course, aims to give you the practical knowledge that you need in order to understand the risks involved with lifting objects, and make sure that you are aware of how to lift correctly so minimising that risk.
Who is it for?
Our one day Safe Lifting Techniques course is suitable for you if you are involved with lots of manual activity in different environments or locations during your working day, whether you are inside or outside. Or you may be involved with looking at ideas or solutions in relation to your employers’ manual handling risk assessments.
What will you get from it?
- State the principles of correct lifting technique to minimise risk of injuries.
- List the parts of your body that are at risk of injury due to poor handling techniques and understand muscle and disc injuries and how they occur.
- Lift carry and lower loads within your ‘personal capacity’ in such a way as to minimise the risk of injury and the efforts required.
- Observe improvement in your manual handling skills.
- Lifting tasks
- Practical lifting
- Anatomy and physiology
- Practical problem solving and lifting aims
The things you need to know:Duration: 1 day
Max no of learners: 10